~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Thursday 23 September 2010

What would you do?

There's something going on in the blogosphere it would seem. I haven't blogged for months - in fact, I've just posted over at Bushy's to the effect that I won't be blogging there any more. Then I come over here and casually click on the Black Boxes thingy (see Black Boxes at the bottom of this page V )to find a random recommended blog and what do I find? Another woefully out of date one - probably more so than mine in that there were only two entries for 2010 plus apologies for not keeping up to date etc etc. It then occurred to me that there are several blogs out there which have slipped because their owners are struggling to keep up the routine. Anyone who has a blog always intends to keep it up to date, but so many of us let them lapse for whatever reason. How many blog entries have you read over the years that start with the words "I have so much to tell you and I can't believe it's been x number of months/ years since my last blog..."

Speaking for myself, most of my day to day thoughts are to do with the creative process, more specifically, working on ideas for my own projects and therefore not necessarily the sort of thing I want to express publicly as I do it. There are some who are happy to report their works in progress as and when it happens, and that is fine - I'm just not one of them.

Perhaps it's therefore a good time for me to rethink the purpose of this blog. So what to do? Do I scrap this one and start again with a more specific purpose? Or do I simply scrap it; draw a line under it and say, "No more"? What would you do?

~

No comments: